Camp Awana is currently hiring for the position of Program Director. Here is the job description and qualifications needed:
Principle Function: Camp Awana Program Director
- Represent Jesus Christ and Camp Awana in a Christ-centered manner.
- Base all decisions and direction on the mission, values and interests of Camp Awana.
- Act as a role-model for all staff, campers and guests.
- Aide in establishing, maintaining, and enhancing the culture of Camp Awana.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with other staff members.
- Oversight of all Camp Awana sponsored programs.
- Provide vision and help implement new Camp Awana sponsored programs.
- Provide oversight and offer support to leadership of programs already in place.
- Recruit campers, families and churches to join Camp Awana sponsored programs.
- Recruit volunteers to serve in Camp Awana sponsored programs.
- Review and update all procedures to insure safe operation.
- Maintain, store and care for all program equipment.
- Evaluate program equipment, manage budget, and replace/replenish as needed.
- Evaluate and make decisions regarding the creation of new program activities.
- Provide training, guidance, coaching, inspiration and mentoring to volunteers, college summer staff and other staff members.
- Ensure team members are adhering to Camp Awana policies.
- Responsible for identifying behavior by team members that might be harmful to the productivity, morale, or success of Camp Awana.
- Born Again Christian
- Christian Camp Experience as a staff member or volunteer in program area
- Willing to raise partial salary and benefits. Housing will be provided.
- Committed to our “Code of Conduct” and adhere to our Doctrinal Statement
- Fulfill the listed job responsibilities and be a team player
- Communicate effectively with staff to obtain necessary information
- Enjoys working with people and possesses friendly and outgoing personality
- Provide leadership and mentoring to volunteers, college summer staff and staff members
- Be flexible and willing to work outside during programs and inside while planning
- Computer use, including programs such as Microsoft Office
- Intimacy with God, family, and friends
- Evidence of Spiritual/Academic Growth
- Submission-a good follower
- Committed to Kingdom Work
- One who embraces and will protect the direction of Camp Awana.
Note: All duties and requirements stated above are essential job functions. This job description does not imply these are the only duties performed by this position. Staff members may be required to perform other ministry and job-related duties by their supervisor as needs arise.
Send resume and cover letter to Kurt Halvorsen: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Attn: Kurt Halvorsen
9025 Camp Awana Road
Fredonia, WI 53021